Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Penhaligon’s - My New Obsession

For those of you who detest visiting perfume shops for all the sweet, candy scents available on the market, you must must must must must….get your nostrils round this scent. I introduce to you Juniper Sling, an intoxicating new fragrance from the famous Penhaligon’s is inspired by the most iconic and atmospheric of spirits: London Dry Gin. This must be why I like it (I’m partial to a cheeky G&T from time to time!) Created for Penhaligon’s by Master Perfumer Olivier Cresp, Juniper Sling is a playful, chilled and mysterious homage to the Bright Young Things of London’s roaring twenties. When I first smelt this scent I felt intoxicated, in a romantic, ‘cant-get-enough-of-this way.
Designed for enigmatic boys and girls, Juniper Sling is a crisp cocktail shot of gin with the freshness of juniper, cool measures of angelica and brandy and a beating libertine heart of black pepper, cardamom, soft leather and orris. A delicious foodie base of brown sugar, black cherry and amber add sensuality to the scent.
Penhaligon’s Juniper Sling - £110 for 100ml EDT

My beloved tipple has been transformed into a complex and compulsive skin scent that I recommend applying liberally and drink in! This is going on every ‘wish list’ I get to write, as it is a timeless aroma that will grow with you and make you feel rich, chic and full of mischief!

The formula…

HEAD NOTES
- Cinnamon, Orange Brandy, Angelica, Juniper Berry
HEART NOTES
- Cardamom, Leather, Black Pepper, Orris Wood
BASE NOTES
- Brown Sugar, Black Cherry, Vetiver, Ambrox


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment