Monday, October 31, 2011

Urban Retreat - Immaculate Manicure and Pristine Pedicure


For my mum’s birthday this year, my boyfriend and I decided to treat my mum to a few beauty treatments at Urban Retreat, Harrods. Mum and I went last Saturday for a Pristine Pedicure and Immaculate Manicure each.

These treatments were held at the Nail Loft overlooking the glamorous beauty paradise of the Urban Retreat at Harrods. When we arrived we were asked to select the colours of our choice, after which we sat down to soak up the atmosphere of our surroundings.

The Immaculate Manicure is made up of a one-on-one consultation, where your nails are cut and shaped, cuticles are soaked and tidied followed by a hand massage. In addition to this, we both received an exfoliating treatment, to remove any dead skin, followed by a rich cream based massaged over our hands which were then placed into hot mitts for a deeply nourishing treat. To finish I opted for a French manicure, I adore the look but haven’t the patience to do it my self at home.

Leighton Denny French Manicure

After our manicures we went over to the pedicure chairs, which look like huge racing car seats that have massaging rollers installed in the back. While our feet were soaking we decided to treat ourselves to a glass of champagne!

Our feet were soaked in the luxury foot spa and a small consultation is made. Our toenails are cut and shaped, and any hard skin is removed using a foot file and exfoliation to leave our tired feet smooth and soft. Cuticle work was then carried out, followed by a foot massage. This was my first ever pedicure and it was so funny! I have very ticklish feet and when the exfoliating action was going on I couldn’t help myself from constantly jerking and squirming. For the Pristine Pedicure, you also have a massage using a rich cream applied over the feet, which are then wrapped in cellophane and placed into heated booties. This deeply moisturising treat helps with very dry feet. The treatment is finished off with a massage to relax the feet and a toenail buff.  For my colour I chose a fabulous dark red from Leighton Denny called Passion.

Passion - Leighton Denny

We were in the Nail Loft relaxing and chatting for about 3 hours, and then had to wait a little longer for our toes to dry, as we foolishly didn’t bring open toe shoes with us!

If you are looking for a girlie weekend activity or treat for some one special, Urban Retreat is the place to go! It isn’t pretentious or snobby, as you may assume from a Harrods salon/spa. The staff are highly attentive and polite. It really is a beauty haven!


Ax



No comments:

Post a Comment