Thursday, August 25, 2011

At Least He Smells Nice

My boyfriend isn’t much of a grooming guru or even a fashion icon, but he does have one key interest and that is fragrance. When we first met about three and a half years ago, one of the first things I noticed was that he smelt nice. On my first visit to his flat I, as a self confessed product junkie, snooped in his bathroom cabinet to see what he was all about (I believe you can tell a great deal about someone by the products in their bathroom) this is what I saw....


Two shelves full of fragrance, among the rows upon row upon row of EDT and EDP and such I found one or two L’Oreal and Clinique products, which were clearly gifts at some point but unfortunately were never used to their full potential. One thing that stands out thought is the boys evident love of Tom Ford, or perhaps more so Tom Ford’s Private Blend of Neroli Portofino, at the time I counted 15 bottles across two shelves!



Tom Ford Private Blend Neroli Portofino is a modern interpretation of a classic Eau de Cologne and is bursting with fresh notes of Bergamot, Lemon, Lavender and Myrtle, which wrap around a central theme of sensual Orange Blossom and musk-like Ambrette. I have to say that I find it a little sweet, and was quite surprised that it was loved so much by a man who in most cases doesn’t bother with investing in grooming.

A few words from my boyfriend as to why he likes it so much...

‘It is a brilliant scent that works for both day and night. In the job I do, it is important to stand out and Neroli Portofino makes me feel confident. It is a step up from the conventional after shaves worn by most, such as the obligatory Cool Water! It is a grown up scent, and what makes me like it so much is that in all the years I’ve been wearing it, I’ve not come across a single person who wears it.’


Ax

P.S Happy Birthday to my boyfriend - who knows he may even get another bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment