Monday, September 12, 2011

Holiday Hair

So I am back from my holiday after a week in the glorious sunshine and am now suffering from the holiday blues!

When I’ve been on previous summer holidays, I have found that my hair can go so dry from washing it everyday after going in the swimming pool and sea.  So this year I decided to purchase two products from the Charles Worthington ‘Takeaways Sunshine’ collection.



Just like your skin, sunshine dries out and damages hair, so you need to take care of your hair to keep it moisturized, hydrated and safe from the sun’s harmful UV rays.

The ultimate beach-bound Takeaways products, Charles Worthington Takeaways Sunshine has been expertly created to let you soak up as much sun as you like without worrying about your hair. 
Enriched with moisturising rice protein and antioxidants from white tea, Sunshine gives thorough UV-Protection to keep the sun's harmful rays at bay, while infusing sun-parched hair with intense nourishment for a brilliant all-over shine. It washes away sea, sand and chlorine for an all over clean and fresh feel.

There are four products in the range; Shampoo, conditioner, Aftersun intensive shot and UV protection spray.  I used the Aftersun intensive shot and UV protection spray.

Takeaways Sunshine Aftersun Intensive Shot
This intensive cure, infused with moringa seed oil, high performing conditioning agents and serum smoothing actives, helps to rescue dry, damaged hair after a day under the rays. Hair is left revitalized, nourished and prepped, ready for another day in the sun. 
I used this everyday after shampooing my hair and left it on about 3 minutes.



Takeaways UV Protection Spray
Providing essential sun protection for your hair, Sunshine Protection Spray is a dual-action product with hold and UV protection, designed to maximise shine and softness whilst safeguarding your hair’s colour and condition. This spray's unique anti-UV protect and repair system is designed to provide all the sun protection hair needs to stay strong, supple and super-glossy.

Created to give the optimum sun protection for hair, each product contains a preventative UV filter which guards your hair from harmful UV rays, and a moisturising rice protein to nourish the individual strands.  I sprayed this on my hair after I had washed it and then again the morning before heading down to the pool.



After 1 week in the sunshine, I have to say that my hair doesn’t feel damaged at all and with exactly the right amount of product for a two week holiday, they are the perfect additions to your beach bag.

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment