Monday, July 4, 2011

The Best Eyelash Curlers...EVER!

I’m the kind of girl who, like many I’m sure, has to wear eyeliner and/or mascara to look remotely human. I’d rather go out of the house with mascara on over foundation (not that my skin is that fabulous). My eyes look like tiny pin pricks without lashings of black mascara and a flick or two of liquid liner. I also seem to have developed a very horrible situation by where my eyelashes just fall out! Well, in fact they get to a point where they hurt/ache, I go to pull one in case it is a lose lash waiting to fall and about 6 then come out at once! So I am left with ‘bald’ patches, which is not ideal, to say the least! (Get in touch if you have a cure - I am desperate!)


During my many years of tirelessly trying to obtain that 'Bambi eyes' look I have finally found the perfect eyelash curlers. I have tried a number of different brands of eyelash curlers, including the heated ones - weird to say the least!


Last year for Christmas my mum brought me a pair of Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers as a very generous stocking filler. I was so over the moon, as I had never tried any Shu Uemura products before and had heard so many great things about the brand. So, Christmas morning while getting ready to go to the ‘in-laws’ with my mother for the day, I decided to used the new curlers. Verdict - amazing! I adore them. The curlers themselves are very light and easy to hold. They grip your eyelashes gently, while lifting and curling them away from your lash line. The rubber grip lasts much longer than most and even when it is past its best it doesn’t ‘chop’ your lashes making them look curved at right-angles!


Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers


I was lucky enough to go to the Space NK sale and pick up the 24K Gold Limited Edition Eyelash Curlers at a bargain price, so will be cracking on with those bad boys soon!


Shu Uemura Limited Edition 24k Eyelash Curlers




Lash Curling Tips from Shu Uemura


Always squeeze curler gently; excessive force may result in broken or pulled-out lashes.


Always use a mirror when curling lashes to ensure you don’t tug or pinch the eyelid.


Open curler fully and ensure all lashes are positioned in the curler for maximum effect.


Gently squeeze the lashes within the curler and pulse 3-4 times to get a lasting curl.


After curling apply a thin coat of mascara, allow to dry, comb and curl again, then apply more mascara to seal the curl.




Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment