Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You're making me blush!

I picked up the July issue of Glamour magazine and was very excited to see that it came with a free gift from Benefit!  Benefit have launched a range of limited-edition minis of cult essentials; Benetint, High Beamc and Posietint.  My copy came with Posietint which you can use on both your lips and cheeks.  With blush being all over the catwalks for Spring Summer 2011; Basso & Brooke, Anna Sui and Michael Kors I was excited to try Posietint to see if I could recreate the look.


Benefit make up is brilliant as it always includes some guidelines on how to use the products.  To use Posietint, Benefit recommends you ‘brush three strokes in the apple of your cheek and blend quickly with fingertips.  Dot on lips and blend with fingertips.  For a deeper ‘pop’ of colour, repeat.’ 


I found Posietint really easy to use and the result was really subtle and fresh.  If you are after a less subtle blush I would suggest trying Benetint which is a deeper shade and you can also use on your lips as well as your cheeks.  High Beam can only be used on your cheeks but is the perfect highlighter.


Benefit is one of my favourite labels as I enjoy the whole Benefit experience of going to the counter and looking at all the gorgeous products and packaging and chatting to the consultants.  I think it’s great that they show you the benefit of each product by doing half your face so you can compare and contrast and really see the desired result achieved.  Of course they do always do the other half of your face after!  The consultants are really helpful and are always happy to give advice on the best way to apply their products.  If you are after any tips I would definitely recommend heading to a Benefit counter.

I think I’m going to have to purchase two more Glamour magazines with the High Beam and Benetint so I can complete my blush set!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment