Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red Red Wine

I would like to think that I have quite a classic sense of style when it comes to both fashion and beauty, to which I then add my personal twist to.

When it comes to nails however, I like to stick to the rules. A French manicure is great, but no sparkles, gems or glitter please! On trend seasonal colours defiantly work, as long as they tone in with your outfits. Personally, the only colour that you can wear with any outfit of any colour is red. You can wear it with purple, yellow, blue, green, black, brown and orange, no one cares because red is the God of nail colour. Dark red, pale red or prostitute red, they are all allowed.

I brought a bottle of Revlon’s Revlon Red last week and to me this colour is THE ONE. I have worn it with fuchsia pink, leopard print, black, blue and purple. (It lasted that long on my nails). The varnish itself is lovely, not too thick and not too runny. The brush is good quality and glides across the nail well with an even spread of colour, which dries quite quickly. The bottle is probably a little large as I doubt I will finish its contents before it dries up, but I am more than happy to be proven wrong!

Revlon Revlon Red


I recommend always using a base coat before applying colour to your nails. This helps protect the nail bed from discolouration as well preventing the varnish from chipping or peeling off. I also suggest using a treatment base coat to suit your nail needs. If you have dry brittle nails go for a more conditioning base coat or if your nails are soft and thin use a hardener. I am currently using Essie First Base Base Coat. It is designed to help the nail varnish adhere to the base coat meaning that your manicure will last longer.

Essie First base Base Coat

NEVER apply less that two coats of nail colour, it simply won’t last a week. It is better to apply two layers of thin varnish than one thick coat. This will prevent it from smudging.

ALWAYS apply a top coat.  Otherwise, all your efforts will be in vain. Colour will inevitably always chip or wear off. I choose to use Seche Vite, to me it is the only top coat I have ever found that prolongs the life of your manicure, gives a super high shine to the nail as well as drying in less that one minute. What more could a girl want?!

Seche Vite

Plan wisely...have you ever spent ages doing your nails in the evening, after work, ready for a big meeting the next day, only to find when you wake up in the morning that you have a fabric print on your nails because the varnish didn’t have chance to fully dry! Nightmare and a complete waste of time! So make sure you do your manicure at least an hour before you go to bed.







Ax
 

No comments:

Post a Comment