Here are two different looks I found, one focusing on eyes and the other on lips:
This look fuses neutral tones with dark, moody hues for a pretty take on the grunge trend. Black kohl and a deep slightly metallic purple has been used on the eyes and blended. To avoid the eyes being too heavy, no mascara has been used. The lips have been left neutral so as not to distract from the eyes.
Although very bold, I actually prefer this look with the statement lipstick. I think lipstick is really great as it can instantly bring your make up up to date and you don't have to be an expert to apply it.
To achieve this look, make up artist Jemma Kidd recommends the following;
- Prepare lips thoroughly, to help prevent the colour bleeding.
- Start by exfoliating and moisturising the lips, then prep and prime.
- Use the primer to neutralise any redness around the lip area, then apply the clear wax-based liner just outside of your natural lip line - it prevents lipstick from bleeding, while the added menthol plumps your lips too! Next, gently line the lips with a red liner. Draw the outline carefully, making sure the lips are perfectly symmetrical.
- Fill in the lip with the pencil to create an ultra-long-lasting base.
- For added colour apply lipstick. Apply one coat then blot the lips with a tissue before applying a second coat.
- Finish the look with a dab of shimmering gloss in the centre of the lower lip for extra fullness.